MICHAEL A. COHN became a shareholder of the firm in January, 1999. Mr. Cohn graduated from Rutgers College in 1974. He was a successful businessman for nearly 13 years before entering law school at Nova University in 1988, where he was on Law Review and Moot Court and graduated in 1991, summa cum laude.
Upon graduation from law school, Mr. Cohn worked for a large state-wide firm, as a commercial litigator, in their Fort Lauderdale office. He handled all types of commercial litigation, and began to develop a real estate litigation background. In 1997, Mr. Cohn and his family moved to Clearwater to join what was then known as Awerbach & Murphy, P.A. Since 1997, his practice has been primarily real estate and title insurance related litigation.
Mr. Cohn is a member of the Clearwater Bar Association and the Florida Land Title Association. He is also certified as a Circuit Civil Mediator. His business experience coupled with his litigation experience gives Mr. Cohn a unique perspective, which has proven extremely valuable in the mediation process.
- Nova Southeastern Law University, Fort Lauderdale, Florida. 1991 J.D
- Honors: Moot Court, Summa Cum Laude
- Law Journal: Nova Law Review, 1990 - 1991
- Rutgers College, New Brunswick, New Jersey. 1974 B.A., English/Theater
- Florida, 1992
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 1992
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 1999
- Morales v. Attorney's Title Insurance Fund, Inc., 983 F. Supp. 1418 (S.D. Fla. 1997)
- HJH LLC v. Volusia County, Florida, 170 So.3d 100 (Fla. 5th DCA 2015)